[TR] Hot/stumbling GT6+

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Hot/stumbling GT6+
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 12:09:30 EDT
Hey Guys,
I have very few hours before heading to VTR in Texas. Good News  is the GT6+
Rumbles no more.  It looks as if a bad driveshaft was the  problem, not to
mention the vertical links installed on opposite sides and  bearings installed
tight. All is well now with that and she rolls  great!
However, Now she is running Hot.  That could have something  to do with it
being 90 degrees out there but she is also stumbling at low  RPM's A bit.  I
did
the whole radiator thing this morning and I think I  knocked it down to an
almost acceptable level but in Texas it will be  hotter!  I found that the rear
carb piston was just hanging up slightly so  that is fixed.  Now I am looking
at the timing and it appears to be way  advanced right at the end of the scale
at idle.  What would be a good place  to retard it too?
Thanks for any suggestions,
Darrell

===     http://www.vtr.org