RE: [TR] grommet for oil pressure gauge?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [TR] grommet for oil pressure gauge?
From: Chad Jester <triumph74tr6@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 21:59:55 -0700 (PDT)
Alex-

Did you look in a TRF catalog?  I sort of remember
seeing the gasket in there.

This is NOT a compression fitting.  There actually
should be a small rubber gasket in there.  In the
past, I have used thin rubber gasket material cut to
fit, a small o-ring (leftover from carb overhaul kit)
that fit in the fitting nut, even a gasket made from
cereal box cardboard in a pinch.  The cardboard one
lasted for years!

Anyhow, make some type of gasket and tighten (but do
not overtighten) the fitting nut.

Regards,

Chad
Currently