Re: [TR] Trailers

To: wbmcleod@cox.net, OC@46thfoot.com
Subject: Re: [TR] Trailers
From: MMoore8425@aol.com
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 13:00:14 EDT
In a message dated 7/23/2006 9:51:42 AM Pacific Standard Time,
wbmcleod@cox.net writes:

Michael  Hargreave Mawson wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> Having recently  acquired a 2500S Estate complete with tow-bar, I am
> seriously  considering buying some sort of trailer that would allow me
> to  transport non-running cars (of which I have a couple already!).   I
> have been scouring eBay for ideas, and have found the following  types:
>
> 1. Single-axle "car dolly" - basically a "T" with a  pair of wheels on
> it; some of them knock down to a size that could be  carried in the
> back of an estate car (and, perhaps more importantly,  could be stored
> in minimal space).   Despite the obvious  advantages, this looks like a
> risky way of transporting a car to me -  has anyone any experience of
> these things?
>
>  ATB

I used one to bring a TR3 from Quincy, Illinois to Los Angeles. I used a 73
Chevy Caprice to pull it and it was no problem.
My timing gear came apart on the Chevy in Oklahoma and we had to be towed
into the Chevy agency.
The tow vehicle was a modified Oldsmobile Station wagon, made into a  pickup
truck. He also used one of those tow dollys.
So, we had a 66 Olds pickup pulling a 73 Chevy Caprice on a tow dolly,
connected to another tow dolly with a 59 TR3a on it.
We must have looked like a band of gypsies going down the Interstate. This
was 1984.
Mike Moore

===     http://www.vtr.org