RE: [TR] ebay buyer protection

To: "Lester Ewing" <lewing@sport.rr.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] ebay buyer protection
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 19:09:59 -0700
> I am curious. What did EBay do about the seller? Seems like they
> should try
> some legal action. If this happens too much, say good bye to
> Ebay. They cant
> afford for buyers to loose 12K. They might be opening themselves up for a
> lawsuit!

There are already multiple lawsuits pending against them.  Their main
defense appears to be that they are not responsible for the content of the

> I have never sold on ebay. Do they require a seller to have any
> bonding or something to cover disputes?

Nope, not just to sell on eBay.

Part of the problem is, that on eBay, a "seller" is just an account name and
password.  At least some of the scams are being conducted with hijacked
accounts ... basically another form of identity theft.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org