RE: [TR] ebay buyer protection

To: "Alan Salvatore" <6parts@charter.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] ebay buyer protection
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 17:25:46 -0700
> I have a "gentleman"  that is using it to sell me a car and I got
> an invoice
> and was directing me to send a deposit to a 3rd party (which
> would be ok )

Check out
http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?threadID=214366
in particular the line :
"The scammer will insist on payment through Western Union, regardless of
what they indicated in the TOS. They will also try to claim that by paying
through Western Union, the transaction will be safe and secure."

There is NO legitimate reason for a seller to have funds sent to a third
party.  At best it's only a scam, at worst it's a money laundering scheme
that could land YOU in jail.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org