Fw: [TR] off topic but possibly important

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Fw: [TR] off topic but possibly important
From: Cameron Rooke <beaker211@rogers.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 05:24:40 -0700 (PDT)
Some insurance companies will cover it as long as it is a sudden occurance and
not something that has been an issue previously. We just had a problem from
ground water (i.e. huge thunderstorms) coming through our foundation and window
wells and flooding our basement. Insurance won't cover it unless there is
damage to the building that caused the water to enter. My sister was in the
insurance business for about ten years and said most won't cover these sorts of
things, but there are the odd ones that will.

Word of advice: if you get rainwater flooding your basement, break a window
before the adjuster arrives.

Cameron