[TR] TR3A: Let sleeping bushings lie?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] TR3A: Let sleeping bushings lie?
From: amcewen2@cogeco.ca
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 09:17:38 -0400
I had cause to take the RF suspension apart and figured I should replace the
bushings in the lower arms.  The inner
nylon ones are quite deformed and the inner steel ones (inside the nylon) are
virtually welded to the mounting points,
if it wasn't for the Moss diagram I would swear there weren't any removable
parts beyond the nylon ones.

My dilemma is: do I heat/cut/hammer them off to reveal a mounting point of
unknown quality which cant easily be
replaced (risking damage in the process), or do I leave well enough alone and
replace only the nylon bushings, knowing
that theyll be the ones that will have most of the future deflection/wear etc

Thanks,

Art.

===     http://www.vtr.org