RE: [TR] Two TR3A Questions

To: "Terry Smith" <terryrs@adelphia.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] Two TR3A Questions
From: "Peter Ryner" <pryner@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 21:39:15 -0400
Terry,
Actually "lift the dot" has a male peg that is attached to the body and a
female metal hollow oval that is attached to both sides of the fabric.  The
oval has a "dot" on one edge of it that you lift on to release the male and
female fastener.  The female part has a small wire that catches on a ridge
on the male peg and when you lift and pull at the dot it releases the wire
from the peg.  The Tenax has a male peg that is attached to the body and the
fabric has a capped circular button that fits over the male part.  To
separate, you lift the spring loaded cap, which releases the tension on a
wire inside and they separate.

The only wood I remember in my '56 is a piece that fits along the lip of the
dash which is towards the rear of the car, right in front of the driver.
The trim fits over the dash and the fasteners go through the trim, through
the dash and into the wood.  Therefore they are tapered screws rather than
machine screws with nuts.

I'm not positive, but I believe the male parts of the fasteners are made to
take either type of female fastener.
Pete