[TR] Two TR3A Questions

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Two TR3A Questions
From: "Terry Smith" <terryrs@adelphia.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 18:48:08 -0400
Hello, everyone.

Imagine, my 3 year restoration passed inspection today, except the steering is
too tight.  This is because I fought the upper steering column bushing, and it
won  (I couldn't get the felt to squeeze in, and the plastic piece I
fabricated to replace it makes the steering too tight.  Have to redo looser).

Question 1:  Am installing the tenax fasteners.  The wood screw type go along
the doors.  But they also go above the dash for the tonneau cover, right?  Is
there wood under the dash there?

Question 2:  How does one test the voltage stabilizer for the gauges?

Grassy us, todos!

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A  (Drove it 10 miles to a great eurasian mechanic for
inspection yesterday.  Almost better than driving it, my wife, who followed
me, said  "Wow.  I never thought it would make it."  ...She also added,  "The
whole family will be glad when that car is done."

New Hampshire

===     http://www.vtr.org