[TR] TR 6 Questions

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] TR 6 Questions
From: Alexander Delis <ols@bcdef.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2006 17:04:31 -0400
Hello all

I have a couple of questions about my 1976 TR 6.

1.  The Velcro that holds the side of the top to the frame has become
a gooey mess in the heat. Given some of the other things the DPO did,
I would suspect he used the wrong adhesive. What is the right
adhesive for this application?

2. The Temp gauge and Fuel gauge have suddenly become VERY
intermittent. When I start the car, the Fuel gauge goes to about one
quarter then goes to zero.  I know the tank is full, I just filled it.
Every once in a while, they work fine.
I pulled the gauges, all connections are tight and I didn't see a
common connection between the gauges. There is about 76 ohms
resistance between the body of the gauge and ground when they are
removed from the dash.

TIA

Alex
--