[TR] acceptable wheel movement? ASAP

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] acceptable wheel movement? ASAP
From: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 18:28:09 -0400
I have done soo much work to my TR3 and just as I go to let it down off the
jack stands and on to all fours I notice something peculiar about a front
wheel (maybe both):  It seems the wheel moves too much at its very center.

Thats right- as I look at the cotter pin in the stub axle, the washers et
al have about 1/16th to1/8 movement up and down when I grab and wobble the
tire from the side of the car.  .Maybe this is ok, I dont knowCould
someone tell me?

Thanks, Paul Dorsey