[TR] Hard starting TR3

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Hard starting TR3
From: "Ed Oot" <eoot@citlink.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 15:48:41 -0400
All

A bit of history first. 59 TR3A recently acquired. Carbs were rebuilt about a
year ago. The car was hard starting after sitting a few days, but would
usually go, if a couple weeks had passed since running it needed to be assited
with some starting spray. I had the car at a  Brit car restoration shop to
have a general check over. They found that the carbs where running extremely
rich. They made some adjustments. The car now does seem to run much better, no
smoke or odor, better gas mileage, slight popping on decel. However, now it is
extremely difficult to start after sitting a few days. Demands that I use the
starting spray. When I do, it fires immediatly and will slowly warm up. Any
subsequnt starts are no problem, until it again sits acouple days.

Appreciate any thoughts/suggestions. I am not familiar (yet) with working with
SU carbs. I'm used to the Mikuni's on my bikes.

TIA
Ed

===     http://www.vtr.org