RE: [TR] Herald Flags

To: "'scotts junk'" <smacsjunk@hotmail.com>,
Subject: RE: [TR] Herald Flags
From: "Rarebits" <bill@rarebits4classics.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 17:12:11 +0100

The crossed flag badges first appeared on the Standard Vanguard, when that
model was restyled by Michelotti at Vignale. The "SV" has been presumed to
represent "Standard Vignale", but there is some speculation that they may
actually represent "Stabilimento (sp?) Vignale", roughly translating to
"Vignale Works". Perhaps someone fluent in Italian could comment on the
latter hypothesis?
I am uncertain which of Michelotti's designs were created while working for
Vignale, and which were independent. The crossed flags were first used on
Heralds from December 1959 or January 1960, if that has any relevance to
those in the know,
Cheers,
Bill.

Rarebits4classics