Re: [TR] Rare Triumphs on eBay: Triumph Italia, Renown, Bond

To: acekraut11@aol.com, tr3driver@comcast.net,
Subject: Re: [TR] Rare Triumphs on eBay: Triumph Italia, Renown, Bond
From: "John Herrera" <jrherrera90@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 21:50:56 -0400
>  John,
>
>  Forgive me please if your comment was intended as humor and I am
>responding in a decidedly serious fashion. I dont want to offend you in
>either case. I am not familiar with specifics of a TR3 and certainly not an
>Italia. But it appears that with the key off the Italia temp guage will
>read max temp. The key is in the off position, no RPM's, no oil pressure,
>all of which leads me to believe the car is not running.
>
>  Aaron

Aaron:

This was one of the few times I didn't intend to reply humorously, but if
you got a chuckle, good. It was pure ignorance. I assumed that since the
Italia mechanics were TR3 that the temp gauge was from a TR3. They rise when
you turn off the engine, but I've never pegged one. Well except for my TR3
racecar in which the PO hooked up the electric fan backwards and it was at a
July Driver's School. Then it puked coolant all over the paddock.

John

===     http://www.vtr.org