Re: [TR] NonTR -- help with Maine trip

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] NonTR -- help with Maine trip
From: "Skip Gurnee" <skip47@powernet.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 16:38:32 -0700
> ...We were thinking of going to Bar Harbor for a couple of days.  Is this
a good
> idea?  Places to stay?? We prefer Inns over larger or smaller places.
Within
> walking distance to shops and dining.

Hi Tom-
My parents lived just across the bay in Winter Harbor for many years, and I
got to visit them, once by car from Texas.  It's a long ride, but rewarding.
Bar Harbor is a great place to go, but be mindful that you'll be one of
zillions of "summer people", so the inns might be full.  Reserve rooms ahead
of time, or figure on driving a bit and stay at less desireable locations.
Ellsworth is the nearest year-round town, and the wonderful LLBean outlet is
there.  Bring extra money, the bargains are outstanding.  At Bar Harbor,
bring your camera; climb Cadillac Mtn, drive the shoreline and visit thunder
hole, collect a spherical rock at low tide, eat lobster that you got right
from the boat, drive the back roads, but mind the penalty for falling off is
severe.  Maine is all rocks and woods.
Enjoy,
Skip
64 TR4, 66 TR4A, 67 TR4A (see Ebay Motors/Triumph/Other at 6:15 PDT tonite
for the unveiling...)

===     http://www.vtr.org