Re: [TR] No LBC but a tiny bit of LBA

To: "John Herrera" <jrherrera90@hotmail.com>,
Subject: Re: [TR] No LBC but a tiny bit of LBA
From: "Michael Marr" <mmarr@notwires.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 08:55:30 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: "John Herrera" <jrherrera90@hotmail.com>
To: <david.brister@wanadoo.fr>; <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Sent: Friday, August 25, 2006 8:08 AM

> >David Brister.
>>(Although I have done a bit of flying now and then.)
>>
>>PS. No one seems to have spotted the little bit of LBA?
>
> Could it be the red tail of what appears to be a Folland Gnat sticking up
> behind the shiny P-51?

I saw the tail, also, but I am pretty sure that it is actually a Hawker (now
British Aerospace) Hunter.  The tail fin has quite a distinctive shape and
the position of the tailplane 1/4 of the way up the fin is different from
the Gnat, in which the tailplane is located on the lower 1/3 of the rear
fuselage.  But, they were of approximately the same vintage.

I also seem to remember seeing that same aircraft on one of my previous
visits to Oshkosh.

Michael Marr
1960 TR3A
2000 Jaguar XK8
"Airfix" kitbuilder from way back and all around aircraft geek (I even own
an anorak)
Naperville, IL

===     http://www.vtr.org