Re: [TR] TR3 schocks

To: MMoore8425@aol.com, acstults@juno.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3 schocks
From: McGaheyRx@aol.com
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 10:14:14 EDT
In a message dated 8/25/2006 8:42:10 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
MMoore8425@aol.com writes:

I sure  agree with THAT! Unless you're going to do serious  competetition, I
would go with Konis in a heartbeat.
I installed adjustable aftermarket  shocks on a Jaguar and they are
terrible.
I have Konis onthe other  identical Jag, and its like day and night.Its  like
mattresses in  hotels I think. A stiff mattress is not necessarily a good
mattress!

rather well put.
IMO a lot of people think they want stiffer shocks when what they really
want is slower Shock speed of movement.

I've had the following on different TR8s:
Spax adjustables - installed by PO
Konis - my favorite
KYBs - put those on one car when i needed shocks and couldn't get Konis in
time

My opinions:
Spax adjustables: terrible - on full hard the car just rides bad - doesn't
handle well - overall the worst ride and worst handling
Konis: far and away the best handling - rides better AND handles  better
KYB: very good shocks - if i didn't autocross, i'd save the price  difference
between these and Konis and just use these

I don't know how any of this experience translates to TR3s - obviously  YMMV

Koni buying tip: never buy from an American vendor that has to go thru Koni
North America - European vendors like Rimmer are so much cheaper, it more than
 covers shipping across the pond (unless something's changed since the last
time  i bought any - bout 18 months ago)

Cheers
Jack Mc

===     http://www.vtr.org