Re: [TR] TR3 schocks

To: acstults@juno.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3 schocks
From: MMoore8425@aol.com
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 09:40:35 EDT
In a message dated 8/25/2006 6:34:31 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
acstults@juno.com writes:

I was  talking with my local mechanic (who knows British cars very well)
about the  schocks and he said that the adjustables were not worth the
money for the  TR3.  The springs are so stiff he says, that the cheap,
stock type  replacements will do the job almost as well.

I sure agree with THAT! Unless you're going to do serious  competetition, I
would go with Konis in a heartbeat.
I installed adjustable aftermarket shocks on a Jaguar and they are  terrible.
I have Konis onthe other identical Jag, and its like day and night.Its  like
mattresses in hotels I think. A stiff mattress is not necessarily a good
mattress!
Best, Mike Moore

===     http://www.vtr.org