[TR] Pennsylvania inspection problem for 75 TR6

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Pennsylvania inspection problem for 75 TR6
From: tomjoannmi@aol.com
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 10:23:11 -0400
Hi folks,
Finally have my 75 TR6 roadworthy after a 2 year restoration. It's not
done, but able to be driven. Took it to a local inspection station for
an alignment and state inspection and was told that they could not
inspect it because it does not have a catalytic converter and the
fender sticker says that it complies with all 1975 emissions standards.
They claim that all cars in 1975 had to have a catalytic converter to
comply. I am sure it never had one and I don't think any of the TR6
models ever had one, including the 1976 model year. How can I go about
proving it to them so they will inspect it? Who could I call in
Harrisburg to rectify this issue? I'd appreciate the advice of any
other owners in PA who've had to deal with this. It has a regular issue
registration , not an antique plate. I understand the antique plate
holders don't have to comply with emissions testing. Should I convert
it to an antique plate? Thanks much.

Tom Miller
1975 TR6  CF36713U
and IM. All on demand. Always Free.