[TR] coil over chassis topic

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] coil over chassis topic
From: clancy36@comcast.net
Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2006 15:06:39 +0000
     i hardly ever post to the list although i have enjoyed reading it daily
for the past 5or6 years.i felt compelled to comment on the coil over chassis
topic. my company is in the process of manufacturing a replacement chassis for
the tr6. is it just like the stock chassis, no. is it mandrel bent, yes. is it
better, who knows?, probably better left to the individual who deems it worthy
of their car and purchase.

i have never seen the ratco chassis in person although i have been on their web
site and seen the design and process they use. from an earlier post i believe
the owners name is tony, and if i remember correctly from following his story
on the web he was and i'm sure still is an enthusiast.

   imagine that an enthusiast who saw a need, an had an idea in his head for a
product that could most definetly help some of our cars. from an idea in his
head, to i'm sure first to paper, and then to hands, to a finished product
sitting in front of him.and not just one mind you but, he took it the full ten
yards to market.speaking for myself a replacement chassis has been on my build
list for many many years. his is on the market available to the
masses...astonishing.

    like i said i've never met the man or seen the chassis in person but i sure
would like to, i'd like to shake his hand.once in a while i think we have to
remind ourself how lucky we are that pioneers like charles runyan, rich good,
neil revington, tony and the like chose our cars as their passion i think it's
obvious by the different examples of our marque that we have all benefited from
the availability to build our cars as we see fit.

i consider myself a lucky man, i get to get up every morning and do what i
love, i build cars.in some of the builds i get ideas, some of the ideas get
made, some just exist on paper,or my website.of one thing i'm sure it's a
passion, and passion creates men in the above mentioned list.

once in awhile one of my cars that i have built to my taste, may be somewhere
on display and an onlooker will give his two cents on it, which is good don't
get me wrong it's a free and wonderful country. i usually reply sometimes in my
head sometimes out loud to a favorite quote of my own,
"what have you built lately"

well that was a mouthful, must have been built up i should post more often than
every 3 years. to favorite quote myself again " but what do i know i'm just a
dumb bodyman" (that has always been my favorite)

to ratco and tony one word
BRAVO
cheers,
dan clancy