Re: [TR] Carburetor Synchronization tool

To: yellowtr@adelphia.net, banc8004@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Carburetor Synchronization tool
From: DLylis@aol.com
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 07:17:03 EST
Now this is a great subject.
I bought the Edlebrock Carb Sync tool (the silver one with the little red
float) and gave it away.  The only thing it would do is snuff out the carb
that
I put it over and if I opened the gate enough so that won't happen, there
was not enough draw to move the red float.
I have borrowed my friend's plastic snail which works great, but I have an
aversion to paying $40 for something that is clearly worth $2.  So I went  the
old fashioned way with a piece of fuel line in my ear.  What I learned  is
that the carbs have to be so out of sync to hear any difference that it is
likely that this is not as critical a setting as the guy selling a $40 piece of

plastic would have you believe.  (or I need to have my hearing  checked).  I
have a car with Z-S and I have a car with SU.  I am going  to check out the SU
tool kit.

===     http://www.vtr.org