Re: [TR] TR4 Turn Signal Lever

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR4 Turn Signal Lever
From: Geo & Kathleen Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2006 16:45:46 -0700
ZoboHerald@aol.com wrote:

>About 99% sure that the turn signal lever/switch is always outboard, so it
>would be on the left on a LHD TR4.

Thanks Andy, I suspected as much.

I remember my old Drivers Ed teacher having us memorize that 'up' meant
'right' by having us think of 'upright' freezers and 'upright' pianos...
but that only works if the lever is on the left.

>The Workshop Manual seems to be the same way in "Section 0"; later
>illustrations and text in the same section, though, appear  to be correct!

This was after all early days for having the (TR) turn signal on the
column rather than the control head so maybe they initially thought one
way then switched to the other.

Geo

===     http://www.vtr.org