Re: [TR] TR4 Turn Signal Lever

To: jholekamp@sbcglobal.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR4 Turn Signal Lever
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 09:30:17 EST
In a message dated 12/6/2006 1:10:54 AM Central Standard Time,
jholekamp@sbcglobal.net writes:
> The turn signal switch lever on my '64 TR4 (owned by me since '67)  is on
> the right side of the column - the O/D switch lever is on the left side.  The
> TR4 is left hand drive, bought in W. Germany. This has always been the layout
> on this car.

Which is typical of the two RHD TR's I drove in England a few years back.
This was a cause of some confusion for someone accustomed to the opposite
layout
found on LHD cars.

Since the switches can be mounted either side I suggest the be arranged as
per your preference.  I found that switching out of overdrive when you really
intended to signal a right turn gets annoying after a while.

Dave

===     http://www.vtr.org