[TR] RE: Sandblast cabinet opinions

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, cm.sherman@verizon.net
Subject: [TR] RE: Sandblast cabinet opinions
From: John Dombey <jdombey@infoscapecorp.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 11:28:22 -0800
FWIW, I went the cheap route when I restored my TR6 a few years back.  I
picked up a side-opening HF cabinet for about $70 delivered - it was a
scratch'n'dent special - and a light kit for about $15 more.  Probably
about the same size as you're considering.  Not stellar quality, but it
worked fine for cleaning up miscellaneous parts - it's like using a
magic wand.  I used a medium glass bead as the media - be careful when
you get it on the floor, it's like tiny marbles...  I don't think I ever
wished I'd bought a better cabinet (unlike some of the other 'bargain'
tools I've had over the years).  You should've seen the PDWA when I was
done with it - it looked like it was made from gold, with a nice soft
patina to it.  It was so pretty that I clear-coated it!

Some tools it's OK to go cheap on, others are worth buying the best.  A
blast cabinet falls into the former category in my book.

John Dombey
'69 TR6
'81 TR8

===     http://www.vtr.org