Re: [TR] Yellow Teflon Tape

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Yellow Teflon Tape
From: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@rcn.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 22:10:14 -0500
On 13 Dec 2006 at 14:49, Bob Danielson wrote:

> Teflon Tape for use
> in a solvent environment and one for use with gas.

When you say with "gas" do you mean gasoline?  Those of us whose
homes are powered by natural gas know that plumbers deal with the gas
plumbing.  So one natural interpretation of the wording is that a
different tape is used to seal gaseous substances run at 2.5psi (or
whatever) compared to water run at 15psi.  Also, wouldn't a solvent
environment likely include gasoline as compared to a tape intended
for water pipes?

I checked your website to see if this was answered somewhere.  The
tab labeled TBI Upgrade showed a TR seat with a computer and other
electronic goodies.  The link further down labeled TBI Upgrade went
to someone else's website.  Inotherwords I saw nothing about tape.

--
Jim Muller,
just curious, not a plumber but occassionally gaseous in a different

===     http://www.vtr.org