RE: [TR] Yellow Teflon Tape

To: "'Randall'" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] Yellow Teflon Tape
From: "Terry Smith" <terryrs@adelphia.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 19:20:13 -0500
>  The yellow tape is for a gasoline environment. Good question on the
> red/solvent tape. That was confusing when I saw it. To me, solvent
includes
> gasoline. But the Yellow tape is specifically for gasoline so I guess....

>Or, you could always just use PTFE paste, which is rated for all 3
>environments,
>plus oxygen and others.  Plus has the advantage that there is absolutely no
>chance of a 'string' getting into someplace it shouldn't be, like a carb
>jet.
>Rated to 500F and 10,000 psi.  Available at Home Depot, Lowes, etc.

>Randall

I must have missed earlier postings on this issue.  Can you tell me again
what PTFE stands for?  ...Also, if I were to use it on diesel fuel line
fittings for my John Deere loader to clear snow from our very, very long
driveway (Uhm, it's an LBC John Deere loader????), does PTFE freeze the
fittings so they're impossible to unscrew again?

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A (Nicely tucked away for the winter)
New Hampshire

===     http://www.vtr.org