RE: [TR] Yellow Teflon Tape

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] Yellow Teflon Tape
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 21:17:02 -0800
>  The yellow tape is for a gasoline environment. Good question on the
> red/solvent tape. That was confusing when I saw it. To me, solvent includes
> gasoline. But the Yellow tape is specifically for gasoline so I guess....

Or, you could always just use PTFE paste, which is rated for all 3 environments,
plus oxygen and others.  Plus has the advantage that there is absolutely no
chance of a 'string' getting into someplace it shouldn't be, like a carb jet.
Rated to 500F and 10,000 psi.  Available at Home Depot, Lowes, etc.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org