Re: [TR] Overdrive chatters

To: "David Brady" <dmb993@earthlink.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Overdrive chatters
From: "Jerry Van Vlack" <jerryvv@adelphia.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 09:04:33 -0500
David, I had a similar problem and it turned out to be an intermittent
ground in the wiring system and not the solenoid itself. The vibration of
the driveline made it act as you are describing.

Once apart giggle the wires some and see if that causes the same issue. Of
course if you are stationary and the solenoid is alternating it's not likely
a grounding issue.

Just another place to check before springing for a new solenoid.

JVV

===     http://www.vtr.org