Re: [TR] TR6 stumbling at low rpm

To: aledotr6@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 stumbling at low rpm
From: emanteno@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 15:24:25 +0000
From: aledotr6@aol.com

> The only problem I am still having
> is accelerating form a standing start or cruising at a low rpm (like in the
> neigborhood). As I ease off the clutch and apply the accelerator, the car
>will
> stumble. It has never completely stalled and died. As I slowly accelerate, it
> will continue to stumble or miss, until it hits about 2000 rpm, then it will
> take off like it should.
Is your engine stock with all emissions equipment in place? What is your timing
set at? I think stock timing is 4 degrees ATDC, at least it was on my 74. When
my TR6 was new, it almost always stumbled when pulling away from a stop. Very
annoying. However, that year the car had a mechanism that would advance the
timing a little bit whenever the engine temperature rose to a certain level. In
my case, whenever the engine got hot, the timing would advance, and then car
would run fine without stumbling. I used that as my excuse to advance the
timing some, and that cured the stumble in my car. If you are at 4 degrees
after, push it up to 4 degrees before and see how it runs.
HTH,

Irv Korey
74 TR6 CF22767U
Highland Park, IL