[TR] TR6 stumbling at low rpm

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] TR6 stumbling at low rpm
From: aledotr6@aol.com
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 10:07:58 -0500
 I've been driving my rebuilt 75 TR6 now for about a month and have put on
about 500 miles. Overall, I am very pleased with the way it is performing. It
starts quickly and idles well. In the 2000 - 3000 rpm range, it has more than
enough power, so driving winding roads is a blast. The only problem I am still
having is accelerating form a standing start or cruising at a low rpm (like in
the neigborhood). As I ease off the clutch and apply the accelerator, the car
will stumble. It has never completely stalled and died. As I slowly accelerate,
it will continue to stumble or miss, until it hits about 2000 rpm, then it will
take off like it should. Just criusing at around 1500 -2000, it will stumble,
also. It is acting like it is leaning out too much, but I have checked the
dashpots for oil and checked for vacuum leaks with propane. That appears to be
OK. I have not checked my float bowls yet, but that is next, unless someone
suggests something else. I am thinking that the floats may be too low, causing
fuel starvation at low rpms. When the pump is operating at higher rpm, the fuel
may be being pumped into the carbs fast enough to keep up with demand. Does
this make since?

Thanks,
Bud Trussell
AOL Mail and more.