RE: [TR] TR6 stumbling at low rpm

To: <aledotr6@aol.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] TR6 stumbling at low rpm
From: "Beaudoin, Jonathan" <beaudoin.jonathan@ville.gatineau.qc.ca>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 10:26:51 -0500
Bud,

Did you check for a VAC leak around the rocker cover? I had the same prob with
my 76 and it took time to figure out the problem. The cover sometimes fit a
bit offset because the studs are not perfectly aligned. Then the gasket twist
inside and you dont see it from outside. Now when I put a new gasket, I put a
thin layer of sealer inside the rail in the cover, put the gasket in and tape
it until the sealer is dry. After, a bit on the other side of the gasket and
just a drop around the stud washer. I found that it stopped the leak and the
miss.

Hope this will help.

Jonathan Beaudoin
76 TR6