RE: [TR] non triumph transmission question

To: "Triumph List" <Triumphs@Autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] non triumph transmission question
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 22:53:24 -0800
> Anybody
> have any knowledge/experience/opinions on these?

All I have is opinion : I sure wouldn't want to buy one the first year or two
that they are out !  All of the previous variable transmission have had problems
with short life and inability to handle much power.  Plus Chrysler has built
several transmissions in the not-too-distant past that had a lot of problems.
One of my friends had his new Town & Country towed in for transmission problems
something like 4 times in 4 years ... and then sold it before the 5th time
happened.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org