[TR] non triumph transmission question

To: "Triumph List" <Triumphs@Autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] non triumph transmission question
From: "Martin Sukey" <trmarty@glwb.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 22:37:25 -0500
My wife is kicking around the idea of a new car. We drove one today
(Chrysler product) with some kind of new fangled transmission. Some kind of
continuously variable transaxle that doesnt shift like a normal
transmission. More like a variable belt drive torque converter. I guess I am
stuck in the old school mode because it sure seamed weird to drive. Anybody
have any knowledge/experience/opinions on these? I believe the Mini Cooper
automatics have the same thing.

Thanks,

Marty