RE: [TR] non triumph transmission question

To: <DLylis@aol.com>, <trmarty@glwb.net>, <Triumphs@Autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] non triumph transmission question
From: "Jim Holmgren" <jholmgren@advertising.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 08:14:24 -0500
My 2006 Honda Civic Hybrid has a CVT transmission.  A little weird at
first, but it is growing on me - first couple of times gunning it I kept
bracing for the shift that never came. :)

Manual transmission was not an option on the Civic Hybrid in '06.
Generally, if Honda is using it - I figure it's probably got a decent
chance of giving me long trouble-free service.  In Chrysler's case,
their transmission reputation can't go anywhere but up.  ;-)

Honda has had the CVT in their Insight and Civic Hybrids since about
2001.  I'm active on a couple of groups similar to this one online that
are for Honda hybrid owners and have heard very few complaints about
them, although the hybrids are generally a lower horsepower car by their
nature.

Jim

Jim
'75 Spitfire 1500
'68 Spitfire Mk3
NASS #302
York, PA
www.littlebluespitfire.com

The information transmitted in this email is intended only for the person(s)
or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or
privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use
of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or
email in error, please contact the sender and permanently delete the email
from any computer.

===     http://www.vtr.org