RE: [TR] non triumph transmission question

To: <Triumphs@Autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] non triumph transmission question
From: "rgt2" <rgt2@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 13:41:22 -0800
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-triumphs@Autox.Team.Net [mailto:owner-triumphs@Autox.Team.Net]On
Behalf Of Jim Holmgren
Sent: Thursday, December 28, 2006 5:14 AM
To: DLylis@aol.com; trmarty@glwb.net; Triumphs@Autox.team.net

When I visited the northeast part of the country a couple of years ago the
car rental firm upgraded me to a Nissan Murano which had the CVT
transmission.  I was very happy with the performance of the car on both
freeway driving as well as some gravel back roads.  It was very smooth
operating.  I kept waiting for the shifts that never happened.
I can't attest to the long term reliability, but as far as the performance
of the transmission in the Murano I would not let that be the factor that
would keep me from purchasing a car.

Rod

62 TR3B