RE: [TR] Rear brake line "straps" TR3

To: <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] Rear brake line "straps" TR3
From: "Terry R Smith" <terryrs@adelphia.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 19:24:57 -0500
>I would recommend against using metal hose clamps.  Vibration could cause
>deterioration f the brake line itself.  I prefer plastic wire ties in
>applications like this.  They are rigid and have a indefinate life when
>adequately tightened.

Did I understand Teri to state in an earlier e-mail, that white electrical
ties deteriorate fastest?  ...That does rais a good question, and that is
what electrical ties Do last longer, and is it really associated with color?
...I'm inclined to believe so, since I have some black ones that seem
invincible.  Or is it really more a matter of material composition?

Terry Smith, '59TR3A
New Hampshire

===     http://www.vtr.org