RE: [TR] Gunst bearing grease

To: "John Mitchell" <jmitch@snet.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] Gunst bearing grease
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2007 17:12:05 -0800
>     I'm changing transmissions and intend to reuse my Gunst bearing as
> it only has about 400 miles on it.  I don't have anymore of the grease
> that came with it and the directions say to use a grease without any
> solids.

You're talking about where the bearing sleeve rides on the transmission front
cover, correct ?  I feel this stuff
http://www.toolfetch.com/Category/Lubrication/Dry_Lubes/125-03084.htm
is better than any grease for this location, because it dries to a slippery dry
film that cannot collect clutch dust and so on to become sticky.

Also good for where the clutch plate rides on the input shaft.

Doesn't need to be CRC brand, lots of makers offer the same thing.  That's just
the first web page I found.  Another example is Dow Corning Molykote 321.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org