Re: [TR] Potential GT6 purchase

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Potential GT6 purchase
From: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@rcn.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2007 20:18:55 -0500
On 3 Feb 2007 at 23:03, Al Al wrote:

> The PO says it's missing a grill, some chrome and wheels.

I may have some of this stuff for you.

>    1. What are your thoughts on these cars?

Before I got mine I was never impressed by it, perhaps because I had
known someone in a prior life who bought one new and traded it in
after one year for a Datsun 510.  I was impressed by the specs, of
course, but not the reality.  Yow, I've changed my mind.  Tim
Hutchisen is right, they are a hoot to drive.  Also easy to work on.
I absolutely love mine.

Some people claim they are hot inside.  Okay, they aren't cool but
they are tolerable.  They can be noisy inside.  They are quite
different from a Spitfire.  The controls feel different, it handles
differently.  On an Interstate highway and it is at home.  Well it is
a GT, after all.

Tim said his was one inch shorter than the GT40.  Maybe his is
lowered but the spec is 47 inches, 47.5 for the Mk3.  Even so, it
looks oh so sleek compared to every other car on the road.
Put me on a highway show me a sign
And take it to the limit one more time
Take it to the limit, take it to the limit
Take it to the limit one more time

--
Jim Muller
jimmuller@rcn.com