RE: [TR] '74 TR6 Starting woes

To: <mrv8q@aim.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] '74 TR6 Starting woes
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 09:34:49 -0800
>>   I don't have the TR6 Bentley ... does terminal 1 connect to the
>> white/red wire ?
>
>  No, terminal one, the top one, is a thin brown/red wire...

Interesting.  Since Dan's schematic (which I've attached in case you don't
already have it) doesn't show a brown/red at all, I wonder if perhaps you have
the wrong switch.

> >  Does the ignition lamp go out when you try to start the engine ?
>
>  Yes, it does...

That's definitely a problem then.  The light would only go out if the switch is
no longer supplying power into the 'white' ignition circuit, which means the
engine wouldn't start even if it was cranked.

If other things (like the horns) quit working when you hold the switch in the
start position, then I'd say you've got a bad connection somewhere between the
switch and the battery (or possibly on the ground side of the battery).
Otherwise, it's most likely a bad (or incorrect) switch.  To be sure, check for
voltage at the switch terminals, while trying to crank the engine.

Randall

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/pdf which had a name of
TR6 74 wiring diagram from Dan Masters.pdf]

===     http://www.vtr.org