[TR] Hazet Tool Kit - heard of this?

To: list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Hazet Tool Kit - heard of this?
From: "Chris Simonsen" <ccsimonsen@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 12:37:10 -0500
Was going through some of the boxes stored inside the TR2 last night.

When my great uncle passed away, I got the left overs from his garage that
my great aunts family did not want.  I filled up the back of my pickup truck
with boxes and boxes of parts and towed home a very rusty tr4 that no one
wanted..... many of those boxes found a home inside of the TR2. Some I had
never opened.

Apparently this was also a motel 6 for mice for a while...but I digress.

A couple packs of  mouse eaten Camels, a bottle of whiskey, Lots of carbs;
horns (without brackets); a few more speedometers to add to my collection
and a round black tool case with Hazet written on it.  It looks complete,
but the blue paint on the screwdriver handles has cracked.   Did not look
British so I just figured it was a gimmick my uncle bought and set aside.

I just looked it up on the internet - seems have a VW following -
particulary German VW's and fits the time frame of the TR4.

Some recent conversations with John bolstered my confidence that my car
was probably exported to Germany and sold, so I figure this came with the
car when bought in 1963  or was bought in country at about the same time.
(my car has a locking steering column and relocated ignition switch plus the
red and yellow tail-lights)

The tool kit does not look used. It was made to fit in the center of the
spare tire.

If anyone has anything more to share, please email me.  I'm happy to send
photos to any one interested.

Thanks!

Chris

1963 Tr4
1954 TR2
1988 Jack Daniels
and now about 8 to 10 Triumph Speedometers in vairous conditions....

===     http://www.vtr.org