RE: [TR] Price of engine mounts and carb gasket

To: "Beaudoin, Jonathan" <beaudoin.jonathan@ville.gatineau.qc.ca>,
Subject: RE: [TR] Price of engine mounts and carb gasket
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 09:00:00 -0800
> 1- Can someone tell me why does the TRF engine mounts for the 1500 spit are
> sold 18$ when other store sell them 7$?

Just a WAG, but since TRF's price seems to be in line with other UK vendors, I'd
guess they're getting them from the UK and that's what they cost.  That "other
store" is probably getting them from the far east, or perhaps India.

> Are they better? Are they worth the
> extra $$$.

Dunno, but there sure have been some short-lived rubber parts supplied in the
past; and I know TRF tries to supply the best quality parts.

> 2- My 75 spit has a solid spacer between the carb and manifold similar to the
> ones I have on my TR6. On the 6 there is 2 gasket on each carb. When I
> dismantled the carb on the 75 there was nothing else but the spacer. Is this
> normal? I checked every part source and they don't have the spacer or gasket.
> At TRF the part is BO.... Any source for that?

Should be included in the head gasket set.  Or you could just cut some yourself,
from thinnish gasket material.  Even a thin layer of Hylomar should work fine.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org