Re: [TR] Price of engine mounts and carb gasket

To: beaudoin.jonathan@ville.gatineau.qc.ca, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Price of engine mounts and carb gasket
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 13:25:49 EST
In a message dated 2/15/2007 10:08:53 AM Central Standard Time,
beaudoin.jonathan@ville.gatineau.qc.ca writes:
> 1- Can someone tell me why does the TRF engine mounts for the 1500 spit are
> sold 18$ when other store sell them 7$? Are they better? Are they worth the
> extra $$$.
>

> 2- My 75 spit has a solid spacer between the carb and manifold similar to
> the
> ones I have on my TR6. On the 6 there is 2 gasket on each carb. When I
> dismantled the carb on the 75 there was nothing else but the spacer. Is this
> normal? I checked every part source and they don't have the spacer or
> gasket.
> At TRF the part is BO.... Any source for that?
> Thanks,

I didn't see a reply to this so I will try:

1) I don't know.

2) That doesn't sound right.  Even with a plastic spacer I would think you
need a gasket at both the carb/spacer interface and the spacer/manifold
interface.

Try Moss or Victoria British.  These gaskets should be pretty common.

Dave

===     http://www.vtr.org