Re: [TR] Re: 3M double stick trim tape for Installing the 7

To: jimmuller@rcn.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Re: 3M double stick trim tape for Installing the 7
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 13:41:39 EST
In a message dated 2/15/2007 11:39:38 AM Central Standard Time,
jimmuller@rcn.com writes:
> When I saw that I wondered if it was a joke.  Or perhaps it was to apply
> letters to the bonnet of a car on display at a show, and then the letters
>would
> be removed for the trip home.  Surely they aren't left attached that way for
> a car that might be driven in (heaven forbid!) rain.
>
> Okay, so if you use transparent double-sided sticky tape no one will be able
> to see the tape underneath the letter.
>
> But then, what do I know?  Neither of my cars has individual letters, now do
> they?

If you stick them on with that stuff they are on for good.  But you are
right, you will be able to see the tape.  Even if you trim the tape to the
outline
of the letters the tape has a thickness that will show itself.

Removing items mounted with double stick foam tape usually involves cutting
or tearing the foam and leaving the adhesive layer attached to the two
surfaces.

Dave

===     http://www.vtr.org