RE: [TR] What compression ratio would you choose

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] What compression ratio would you choose
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 10:36:38 -0800
> But a propos to using water injection with high compression ratios in TR's
> (without boost) it becomes a more constant issue.  Perhaps it is only needed
> under heavy throttle which puts it back into the boost situation but if it is
> needed during cruise

Should be needed only under heavy throttle, when detonation is a problem.

> then running water when warm and water/ethanol when cold
> could be an issue.

Guess I still don't see that much of a problem.  Power falls off pretty slowly
as the mixture goes too rich; so it seems to me the worst that will happen is
you won't get any extra power from the alcohol (leaving it about the same as
straight water).  More CO in the exhaust of course, but since we're only talking
about heavy throttle (where exhaust CO is high anyway), that doesn't seem like a
problem either.

> But if you mix your own ethanol is pretty cheap.

I dunno ... the stuff I've been mixing myself runs about $100/gallon after it's
mixed ... but I burn a lot less of it than a Triumph would <G>

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org