Re: [TR] My return to the List

To: "Steve Thornton" <sothornton@stevethorntonlaw.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] My return to the List
From: Bob Labuz <yellowtr@adelphia.net>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 07:11:59 -0400
On Thursday 03 May 2007 01:00 am, Steve Thornton wrote:
> Hello List-
>

> I am returning to the List after a departure of a few years.
>
> I hope this forum is as active and helpful as when I left- I am sure it is.
>
> My return to TR's is not all good news. For the past several years
> motorcycles filled my time previously occupied by TR's. Unfortunately, last
> June two of my fellow riders were killed by an impaired driver. Another
> lost a leg. I have struggled with whether I should ride again, but
> remembering how much fun I had with Triumphs I have decided to ride with 4
> wheels, not two.

Steve,

Sorry to hear about your good friends. Motorcycles can be dangerous at times
because of drivers bad habbits. Too many cell phones, other distractions and
just plain stupidity cause many accidents. I see them every day on my bike,
car and while running.

But anyway, I had a similar story but reversed. I returned to bikes about 6
years ago and restored my 74 Bonnie after leaving is in the back of the
garage for about 15 years. I liked riding it so much I went out and got a 98
T-Bird for a daily driver.

Well , so not to abandon my TR roots, I then went and got a TR4 project to
restore over 2 years ago. The target date for completion is 31 May.

Good luck with the 250. They are a rare breed. And if you ever get back to
bikes, keep the rubber side down and dont trust anyone to obey the law and
make sure you are protected from head to toe. Any biker that rides in
sneakers, no helmet (or one of those no helmet - helmets), shorts, no gloves
etc is just looking for trouble.

Bob

===     http://www.vtr.org