Re: [TR] TR3 Numbers

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3 Numbers
From: "Mark J. Bradakis" <mark@bradakis.com>
Date: Wed, 02 May 2007 23:25:41 -0600
Glad you made it back to Utah without destroying yourself trying
to load up that extra engine.  The 31314 engine is most likely the
one that came with the car, as it is somewhat close to the commision
number.  "Matchng numbers" don't mean much on Triumphs, but
once I had a TR6 on which the commision number and engine number
differed by only 11, or 13.  A rarity, whatever the difference actually
was.

All the wet sleeve TR2-4 motors are similar enough that getting parts
is fairly straightforward, whether the car is a 3, 3a ( I think yours is )
or a 3B or 4 is usually not a major issue. There are differences in
the manifolds, flywheels, starters and such over the years, but
I'm sure you'll find folks here who have nothing much else to do but
pontificate on such matters for your enlightenment  ;-)

As a reminder to folks new to the list, archives for past years are
available
at the link mentioned below.  There are some glitches, but I'm getting
around to working on it as I can.

So how soon will we be seeing this car at a BMCU event?

mjb.

===     http://www.vtr.org