Re: [TR] Quote, miss quoted?

To: Steven Newell <steven@newellboys.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] Quote, miss quoted?
From: "Glenn A. Merrell" <StagByTriumph@tscusa.org>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2007 09:38:39 -0600
>>> Cosmo: My point is, Example: One person writes something or conveys
>>> a message that is miss interpreted & is connected with another
>>> person's name or their name. <snip>
>>
>> Glenn: A prime reason that the Forum structure is much better than
>> the email list structure.  IMNSHO, Forums also allow the subject
>> matter to be further categorized so information is easier to find...
>
> Steve: For me, the categorization of subject matter is the big
> downside of forums. I like reading the wide-ranging posts that push
> right into my email box every day.

Steve, with Forums, you can select "Email me" notification to any topic
and it pops right into your email, just like a mail list.  Then if you
want to follow the thread of discussion, you can pop into the forum and
follow just that thread.  Forums, at least most of them, are really an
extension of the email lists, email lists are just an extension of the
old Bulletin Board Systems.
There is really no negative to using the Forums, they simply give you
more tools to get through the information.  But I agree, it is a matter
of what you are used to and what you want to do with the information.

--
Glenn A. Merrell
Chairman, Triumph Stag Club USA (2007-2009)

===     http://www.vtr.org