Re: [TR] MPH TR3

To: terryrs@comcast.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] MPH TR3
From: John Wise <60TR3A@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 18:10:07 -0700
>I've been driving using the tach in 4th gear OD winding about 3800 RPM.
>
>Uhm...
>
>I just fixed the speedometer.
>
>Is 3800 RPM in 4th OD REALLY 85 miles per hour?

Back in college when I had my first 60 TR3A
(1965-1967), the speedometer never worked on the
car.

One of my parent's neighbors also had a TR3A with
a working speedometer.  Based on their feedback,
in 4th, I doubled the tach 4000 = 80 mph.  In 4th
with overdrive at 4000 RPM I always figured 90
mph.

My current one TR shows about (the speedo waves about 13 MPH) the same.

John
--
John A. Wise
Glendale, AZ