Re: [TR] TR4A Windshield

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR4A Windshield
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 13:02:31 EDT
In a message dated 5/17/2007 11:21:18 AM Central Daylight Time,
mark@nashvilletn.org writes:
> I took a rock in the windshield of my 66 TR4A last weekend and it looks
> like
> it will need replaced.  I called a glass company that knows something about
> British cars and they tell me that the frame needs to come off the car to do
> the work.  I have looked at it and I can't see why it needs to come off the
> car.  Any thoughts?

It can be done on the car but maybe it is easier with the frame laying on a
table.

Getting the frame out can be an adventure.  There are two sockets into which
the posts at each end of the frame are inserted.  Frequently these are
assembled with the paint still soft and getting them loose is not exactly
straight
forward.  On a couple of occasions I've resorted to taking all the bracket
bolts
out so I can twist the bracket back and forth on the post to free it up.

Good luck

Dave

===     http://www.vtr.org