Re: [TR] Charcoal canister and anti-run valve

To: Nolan <foxtrapper@ispwest.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] Charcoal canister and anti-run valve
From: "Glenn A. Merrell" <StagByTriumph@tscusa.org>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 16:54:56 -0600
Nolan wrote:
> If the charcoal can completely blocks, it can create some problems
> with venting air into the gas tank as you run along, drawing gasoline
> down.
>
> The charcoal can is filled with activated charcoal.  The exact same
> activated charcoal you find in pet stores for use in fishtank
> filters.  You can very easily overhaul a charcoal canister with this
> activated charcoal, should you wish to do this job.
>
> You can eliminate both the charcoal can and the anti-run on valve
> quite easily.

NO no no!  It is not the same charcoal as what you get for your fish
tank.  One of my members works for Pepsico and is a chemist, did the
research.  The charcoal has to be prepared to accept hydrocarbons.
He bought a 50 pound bag and may still have some left.

--
Glenn A. Merrell
Chairman, Triumph Stag Club USA (2007-2009)

===     http://www.vtr.org